1.09.2005

NewsFire RSS


So obvioulsy we all know what a blog is, but I'm not sure everyone know's what RSS is. Hell, I don't know what it stands for, Remote Syndicate Streams or some such thing. Basically, it pulls blog entries for reading at one's own pleasure. Or to put it another way, the RSS reader (program on your computer) checks every site set up for it and pulls the latest and greatest. This particular reader, NewsFireRSS for Mac OS X, pulls the new entries, then alerts me when something new has been posted and lets me read it without having to click through all the sites I typically read.


This particular news reader is currently version 0.62 and made just for Mac OS X, and I think its made by the same guy who did Acquisition. Which basically means this is a program truly made for the Mac, this guy knows how to design programs that truly look good and work even better. I love it. The only challenge is not everyone has their site set up for news readers like this. Blogger has the option, but doesn't alert readers to its presence. I have mine turned on, fyi.

Find it at: www.newsfirerss.com

No comments: