2.05.2003

Gays and their techno/dance music

My roommate asked me a question the other day, "Why do gay clubs/bars seem like all they play is dance/techno music?" The people she was with couldn't answer the question, but I think I might take a stab at it. Now although my answer runs on the assumption of basic gay stereotypes, I still think it has some validity. Likewise, I realize not all people are the same - I'm sure somewhere in this world there is some guy wishing he could party it up at a gay country music bar. But enough day dreaming - on to my answer. For Melissa, I said its probably because this type of music has an easily discernible beat. Making it easy to dance without concentrating; all the better to flirt with the cute guy across the room or on the other side of your jeans.

By the way, I'm listening to some dance music and feeling like making a trip to just such a bar/club. Anyone feeling frisky?!?

No comments: