4.12.2005

Smashing Pumpkins

Ok, no offense to mom and dad, but growing up I wasn't exactly exposed to much in terms of music, americana, chinese takeout, etc. I joke I grew up in a box with no lights. So when the discussion about when a song a came out, or about some old tv show - I usually have no idea what is going on. I remember when Beavis & Butthead came out, or rather when I didn't know they came out and were the hit of the summer. I show back up to school after the summer and thats all everyone is talking about - I still haven't seen an episode. I didn't really start listening to music until I was finishing highschool and going off to university.

So it should be no surprise that I don't know most of the work by 'Smashing Pumpkins'. However, I do know well enough that I like their work - so when I noticed last night their catalog was added to the iTunes Music Store. Well, lets just say all those winning Pepsi caps from my brother are finally getting used, and fast. So in a way, I'm only really discovering these guys about 12 years late. Hmm.

No comments: