10.02.2005

Sunday

Life has been boring around here lately, just work and home. There was a puppy for a few days, but it didn't work out so well. Tivo has been recording all the Martha goodness out there now. Rome on HBO has been hot. The Stargates were both pretty fun for their mid-season finales, but I think Battlestar Galactica needs to be recorded now. However, probably just shutting off the TV would be a good idea. Suddenly my computer and iPod will no longer talk with each other so I'm stuck listening to my thoughts at work among the deadly quiet of the office. We're all just starting at our computer screens, its getting very boring. We're hosting our first Thanksgiving this year, invited my parents up and apparently my brother will be tagging along which is and isn't all that exciting. Halloween is quickly approaching and so is Christmas, just 84 shopping days left. Yeah, I said it. We bought 230 pieces of candy for an estimated 15 kids - we'll both be getting fatter shortly. Kitty ate through my iSight's firewire cable again for the second time - but its not getting replaced again since I never use it and any notion I had of podcasting just isn't going to happen soon. At home my creative juices are just all gone, I don't blog anything but news with little else. I haven't painted in many months. Anything creative is all done at work - I've been learning the InDesign pretty well and starting to make some pretty cool things. I'm probably on the bottom in terms of quality of work, but I'm covering ground pretty quickly and I'll be taking classes sooner or later on the clock. I've been wanting to take some classes for the design programs for quite some time, but haven't wanted to fork over the dough. Now I don't have to worry about.

Last night we watched "Downfall" - a pretty good movie in German. Made you almost feel bad for Hitler, but then you quickly snapped out of that idea. I dreamt in German all night - I really need to improve my speaking ability, but then when would I use it?

No comments: