11.27.2006

And the plot thickens...

I know lots of people are all a flutter over Battlestar Galactica, and why wouldn't you be - its chuck full of drama and political intrigue. I've been reading rumors of it moving to Sunday nights and maybe even over to the NBC mother ship - thats great and all but holy crap, Dexter is this season's winner hands down. With it's plot thickening twists, it just keeps getting better and better. You know Paul is going to get chopped up - I'm loving the anticipation of his ending. But what really takes the cake so far is the Rudy character - what is going on with him?! We know he's the ITK, but what we don't know his is past and how he knows so much about Dexter. I can't imagine a serial killer just dropping out of no where and suddenly discovering Dexter and his past accomplishments. One commenter suggested they might be brothers - that would be really screwed up but it might also tie up some plot lines as well. But I'm not thinking (hoping) thats the case at all - that would be below the writing we've seen thus far. I think it all depends what we learn of Dexter's past - what was Harry hiding? Wouldn't have knowing where he came from have helped Dexter know why he is who he is? I'm just asking, wondering, waiting for the next episode to reveal more. Man, I hope this isn't going to be a short season either - I want more. Besides, what might Dexter's reaction be to the impending news Rita is about to share? You know thats where she is headed with the kids. Hehe.

Blog Icon

3 comments:

csigirl8585 said...

>>SPOILER<< If you look on IMDB, there is a character named "Little Brian" that finally shows up in Episode 12... he is credited for another episode but I re-watched that episode and he isn't in it, anyway, I go on the boards on IMDB and people have read the books that DEXTER is based on, Brian, is Rudy's real name and Brian IS in fact Dexter's brother.

Anonymous said...

>>something to nibble on<<
I believe the rudy is his brother and that rudy know this fact. That is why he has targeted Dexter and that is why he killed their father. He knew the dad had dexter in the will and figured the only way Dexter would find out about him is to kill him. In the show they said that he was in the dad's area before he died posing as a cable repair man. I think he killed their mother and the father was so distraught by the gruesomeness of the killing he gave him and Dexter up. The adoptive parents changed his name in an effort to forget about the past. The cops responded and they thought it was the father that did it. So Harry did not want Dexter to be in contact with him for fear that he would be just like him. While the father spent the rest of his life in seclusion somewhat scared of his son coming for him and one day he did.

Rainbow Demon said...

I love this show. Can't wait for Dex to get Rita's husband... LOL

I've also been trying to track down the other characters from "Six Feet Under" to see what they are up to these days... So far I've found 'Brenda'(Rachel griffiths) on "Brothers & Sisters" ...and 'Nate' (Peter Krause) will be starring in a new series ("The Lost Room") starting on the SciFi channel next Monday, I believe. Haven't found anything on 'Claire' (Lauren Ambrose)though...

Sorry, got off track there. getting back to "Dexter"... it would make sense if Rudy was Dex's brother, just because of the way Dex is always thinking about family...

I feel bad for Deb and that poor old lady across the street from Dad's; who thought Rudy was the cable repair man. Chop Chop? I guess we'll see this week.

Peace,
=RD=