3.12.2003

Just say no to extroverts

Cat-man and I have been seeing a lot of each other lately. Even-though I've only known him a week and a half, I feel very good about him and I can say its more than normal feelings when you first meet someone. He happens to be the first introvert I've ever dated, and I'm really seeing the benefits. Last night was a good example, my energy level was practically non-existent - I couldn't get excited about anything we talked about. Not that conversation wasn't at least a little stimulating, I just hadn't had recharge time all day but that didn't mean anything was wrong with me. In a previous relationship, a situation like this would have resulted in an interrogation of a hundred variations of "What's wrong?" It was FU%%ING impossible to explain to that guy everything was fine, he just couldn't comprehend the concept. With Cat-man he asked me once if everything was alright, that it wasn't about him. When I said no and explained I hadn't had some recharge time and was simply kaputt, he understood completely and was quite accommodating. I don't know if I can explain how great that felt, to be understood so easily without a conversation verging on an argument.

So if I ever get back on 'the market' it might come with a moratorium against extroverts. I'm sorry but you guys just don't have a clue and never will.

No comments: