3.10.2003

A little of everything

What seemed planned to be a busy weekend turned into kind of a humdrum, but I wasn’t sitting on my ass for the entirety. Friday night I went out with who I’ll refer to as Cat-man, at least until I come up with something more endearing, and didn’t come home until the next afternoon. Nothing happened that I wouldn’t be proud to tell mom, then again I had no problems telling her I’m applying to become a sperm donor. She was like, “Well you get paid pretty well for that, right?” Totally, but the challenge is getting accepted after a lengthy application and screening process. I figure even if I don’t get accepted it might prove to be an interesting life experience. On the other hand, lets be honest, this is the only way my boys are ever going to swim home if you know what I mean and I know you do.

The website should be getting a new addition in the upcoming few weeks – lets just say its called “Its All About M.E., the Melissa and Erik Show” and I get to start playing with iMovie. I’m so excited and you will be too when you start seeing the first shows popping up. We haven’t started filming yet, but we have some wicked ideas, and our chemistry is second to none. So watch out for that, and if you’re in the area perhaps you could get a cameo – let me know I’m not even kidding. I’m such a hit-whore – but I won’t stoop to the low of getting on some list and trying to get votes. I don’t want worthless hits and I don’t want people visiting the website and not getting at least one laugh out of the deal. Its all about content folks, my website isn’t blowing the critics over in terms of technical achievement so all I have is my content.

I’ve read some blog-type sites, and one in particular has a very jaded owner at the helm. He hates making new layouts, and pretty much does nothing but bitch how much he hates doing the whole thing and doesn’t know why he continues. So it got me to thinking why I bother working on a website, especially when I’m such an amateur when it comes to the whole thing – I can’t even get rollovers to work right. Maybe you have even thought about why I do it, or why would you even want to do one – I mean what is the point of putting yourself out on the web. Does anybody really care? Am I just wasting my time? Well I’ll tell you why I do it. Not to get approval from anyone in particular, but because it’s a gratifying means of expressing myself. If I could paint or write poetry better I would be doing that, but I can’t. Besides I love playing on my computer and well the math just adds up with the result being a webpage. I suppose I enjoy the challenge of putting the pieces together and seeing what works and what doesn’t work getting people into the site.

I’m starting to work on some other ideas to expand the scope of the website and maybe even make a little money in the process. I’m not sure if I’ll do that donation link stuff, but then again it costs money to operate this site and I’m not exactly rolling in the dough right now either. I guess I’ll just try a variety of things and see what works and what doesn’t. In the meantime send me your thoughts about this website, blogging in general or just your opinions on the meaning of life. I would love to hear from you – note this is another reason for the website because I never call people to talk so this works as a substitute.

No comments: