11.12.2004

Phonebooks

Since I have been highlighting things that tend to irritate me I figured I might as well go through all of them and get it out there. Don't want to pent up any of this rage and go postal or anything. (Is the term 'postal' getting out of date? What would be the alternative?)

I haven't quite figured out why it irritates me so much, but I frickin' hate phonebooks. Its such a collasal waste of paper and shelf space that I have ever seen and people cannot seem to live without them. I don't get it. Never have I gone to a phone book for anything other than a paper-weight. Nothing ruins my day like coming home and seeing one at my front door. Its like PC users with their floppy disks - they just cannot let them go.

And why do I bring this up today? Guess what was on the front desk in the office, but a stack of three yellow pages. I am praying no one offers me a copy!

No comments: