11.10.2004

Wisconsin school district is focus of evolution debate

Wisconsin school district is focus of evolution debate

This 'evolution' debate pisses me off to high hell. People think the debate has to be like the American political system: two sided. I have been wondering for quite some time that no one seems to understand four sides to the argument actually exist: evolution, creation, both, and neither. The question that begs to be asked, is why does this debate keep coming up a couple times a year? A line in the article kind of hit me with the answer: Schools are only allowed to teach evolution, which is admittedly just a theory, and Churches teach creationism exclusively. Unfortunately no where does there exist an opportunity to discuss each objectively to better understand the situation. Science teachers feel unable to discuss the possible interconnect of creation and evolution and Church leaders aren't about to suggest that creation is part of something bigger because that might seed doubt in general.

I took a class in college that taught the four positions and helped me find my religion by eliminating the doubt I had since creation and evolution seemed to be at odds. I now adamantly believe in both, but not to the strictest sense that either side might hold.

No comments: