10.29.2004

Concerns mount as banks start using Windows in ATMs

Concerns mount as banks start using Windows in ATMs

You have got to be kidding me - I just don't understand how this is possible. I would think banks would look for a cheaper and more secure alternative in Linux or Unix, but Windows?! Christ, now I don't know if I should be using ATMs anymore. I'm just waiting for the day when Windows is everywhere and some really smart nerd rights such a destructive virus that crashes every copy of windows, leaving banks inoperable, cars dead on the road where they crashed (computer wise and physically) and terrorist can come and go as they please because Homeland Security has no working computers. Hello people!!

I like what MacDaily had to say:

"MacDailyNews Take: Great idea! Let's use Windows, the most insecure and most heavily attacked operating system, for banks and U.S. Homeland Security! Hey, let's use Windows to control nuclear missile silos next! And in two ton vehicles that can drive at high speeds. And on planes, yeah, jets - that would be great! Or to run nuclear subs, right after we install the screen doors! Typical institutional stupidity. It's too bad that the average human IQ isn't just a few points higher; everything would be so much easier without so many morons mucking everything up all the time."

No comments: